Thursday, January 22, 2015

Game #1, Part 3: Expansion

Hi all, just a quick update on the game tonight and a brief discussion on the aspect of luck.  First of all, here is the map as it currently looks after ny most recent turn:



As you can see, I've expanded greatly in North America although looking back may be a bit over extended.  If blue wants to he could do some serious damage to me with that stack in Brazil.  Next turn I will hopefully have the entire continent and will work to strengthen the borders.  While I may be vulnerable for a short while, if I can aquire and successfully hold North America I will be in a very good position. 

Regarding the luck of the dice, it is an aspect of the game but often one that new players lean on to blame their losses on.  While black did have good luck in conquering Australia (he barely lost an army) luck favors all players equally.  While you may have a bad game once in a while, if you find yourself often attributing losses to luck it may be time to look at your play decisions more closely. 



































No comments:

Post a Comment