Monday, January 19, 2015

Welcome

Hi all, first of all thanks for visiting my blog, Risk King.  The goal of this blog is to help you to become a better player at one of the all time classic boardgames.  As you're probably well aware, Risk is a game where you assume the role of a would-be conqueror with the objective of subjugating the entire world under your rule.  This task is easier said than done however, and you will often find that your friends and family members make for the most bitter of adversaries.

While the game may seem at first glance to be relatively simplistic in that battles come down to probabilities, there is a great deal of strategic depth both built into the rules and outside of them.  Through this blog, I hope to discuss strategies both basic and advanced as well as less straightforward topics such as forming alliances and predicting the moves of the other players.

As an introduction, I have been playing for approximately 15 years both on the official boardgame and in similar games online.  I remain an active player and will use situations from my current games in addition to my past experience to illustrate my topics and hopefully give you the skills needed to mercilessly destroy both your loved ones and internet strangers alike. 

My goal is to create a vibrant community dedicated to this great game so  please do not hesitate to give me feedback or ask questions.

Best,

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment